Entertainment

Katie Jerkovich | Entertainment Reporter

Jenny McCarthy opened up about her time as a co-host on “The View” with Barbara Walters and compared the former ABC daytime host to Joan Crawford in “Mommie Dearest.”

“Hopefully, I get the Barbara Walters who is nice,” the 46-year-old actress recalled telling herself every day at the studio during her time on the daytime talk show, according to an excerpt shared Wednesday by Vulture from Ramin Setoodeh’s book “Ladies Who Punch: The Explosive Inside Story of ‘The View.‘”  (RELATED: Jenny McCarthy Just Revealed When She’s Posing Nude Next)

Nick Cannon, Jenny McCarthy, Ken Jeong and Robin Thicke attend the FOX's "The Masked Singer" Premiere in Los Angeles, California, on December 13, 2018. (Photo credit:LISA O'CONNOR/AFP/Getty Images)

Nick Cannon, Jenny McCarthy, Ken Jeong and Robin Thicke attend the FOX’s “The Masked Singer” Premiere in Los Angeles, California, on December 13, 2018. (Photo credit:LISA O’CONNOR/AFP/Getty Images)

“You know the movie ‘Mommie Dearest’? I remember as a child watching that movie and going, ‘Holy cow,’” she added. “I’ve never seen a woman yell like that before until I worked with Barbara Walters.”(RELATED: Joy Behar: Female Trump Voters Don’t Know The Difference Between A Predator And A Protector)

McCarthy continued, “Imagine a woman like Barbara Walters. It’s her last year and she doesn’t want to leave. Think about that. And I’m the new bitch there.”

The “Masked Singer” judge also said that besides being brought on the show from 2013-2014 to talk pop culture, she was told they couldn’t “do pop culture anymore because [Walters] doesn’t know who the people are” and would have to learn political issues.

“I panicked because I don’t consider myself a political person,” McCarthy explained. “Now I had to figure out, ‘Am I coming out as a Republican or a Democrat? Where do I stand on all the social issues and political issues?’”

“I was going to work crying. I couldn’t be myself,” she added. “My fans were telling me, ‘Where’s Jenny? They aren’t letting you be you.’”

McCarthy continued, “Every day I went home and I was miserable. It really was the most miserable I’ve been on a job in my 25 years of show business. I kicked myself for not taking the CBS job, of course.”

Source: The Daily Caller

Katie Jerkovich | Entertainment Reporter

Jenny McCarthy opened up about her time as a co-host on “The View” with Barbara Walters and compared the former ABC daytime host to Joan Crawford in “Mommie Dearest.”

“Hopefully, I get the Barbara Walters who is nice,” the 46-year-old actress recalled telling herself every day at the studio during her time on the daytime talk show, according to an excerpt shared Wednesday by Vulture from Ramin Setoodeh’s book “Ladies Who Punch: The Explosive Inside Story of ‘The View.‘”  (RELATED: Jenny McCarthy Just Revealed When She’s Posing Nude Next)

Nick Cannon, Jenny McCarthy, Ken Jeong and Robin Thicke attend the FOX's "The Masked Singer" Premiere in Los Angeles, California, on December 13, 2018. (Photo credit:LISA O'CONNOR/AFP/Getty Images)

Nick Cannon, Jenny McCarthy, Ken Jeong and Robin Thicke attend the FOX’s “The Masked Singer” Premiere in Los Angeles, California, on December 13, 2018. (Photo credit:LISA O’CONNOR/AFP/Getty Images)

“You know the movie ‘Mommie Dearest’? I remember as a child watching that movie and going, ‘Holy cow,’” she added. “I’ve never seen a woman yell like that before until I worked with Barbara Walters.”(RELATED: Joy Behar: Female Trump Voters Don’t Know The Difference Between A Predator And A Protector)

McCarthy continued, “Imagine a woman like Barbara Walters. It’s her last year and she doesn’t want to leave. Think about that. And I’m the new bitch there.”

The “Masked Singer” judge also said that besides being brought on the show from 2013-2014 to talk pop culture, she was told they couldn’t “do pop culture anymore because [Walters] doesn’t know who the people are” and would have to learn political issues.

“I panicked because I don’t consider myself a political person,” McCarthy explained. “Now I had to figure out, ‘Am I coming out as a Republican or a Democrat? Where do I stand on all the social issues and political issues?’”

“I was going to work crying. I couldn’t be myself,” she added. “My fans were telling me, ‘Where’s Jenny? They aren’t letting you be you.’”

McCarthy continued, “Every day I went home and I was miserable. It really was the most miserable I’ve been on a job in my 25 years of show business. I kicked myself for not taking the CBS job, of course.”

Source: The Daily Caller

Lauryn Overhultz | Columnist

Will Smith said he didn’t drink alcohol for over 10 years when he was preparing to become a big name movie star.

Smith admitted that he hasn’t committed to a fitness routine in the same way he did leading up to his first on-screen appearance during his Facebook Watch Show on Wednesday. The episode features a behind-the-scenes look at Smith’s training for the half-marathon he completed in November. (RELATED: Report: Will Smith Not Reprising Role In ‘Suicide Squad’ Sequel)

In the episode, Smith had some cardio tests done with a doctor in preparation for his training. He admitted he had never been this out of shape.

“I didn’t drink for over a decade. You know, during my rise as a movie star, I was, like, wildly disciplined, so being in this place in my life,” Smith said. “Even something as simple as taking my shirt off while I’m out of shape, like, you know this for me now allowing myself to be seen less than optimally is new.”

Now that’s determination. I don’t know anyone that has gone that long without drinking alcohol. You’d think in Hollywood it would be extremely hard to stay away from it at any social event.

His workout and health routine seemed intense based off what he had to say about it.

“I was willing to die to be the biggest movie star in the world and there was nothing more important than that,” Smith said.

Source: The Daily Caller

Katie Jerkovich | Entertainment Reporter

Congratulations is definitely in order for Jessica Simpson and husband Eric Johnson after news surfaced Wednesday that she had given birth to their third child, a baby girl.

According to the 38-year-old actress’ rep, “The Dukes of Hazzard” star gave birth Tuesday to her daughter named Birdie Mae Johnson, weighing in at 10 lbs, 13 oz, per People magazine.

Soon after the reports about the birth surfaced,  the singer shared a sweet picture from the hospital on Instagram of her daughter. She captioned the black-and-white picture, “We are so happy and proud to announce the birth of our perfect daughter, Birdie Mae Johnson. 3.19.19 10 Pounds 13 Ounces.” (RELATED: Celebrate Jessica Simpson’s 37th Birthday With Her Best Looks [SLIDESHOW])

Simpson and the former National Football League player also share a 6 1/2 year-old daughter, Maxiwell “Maxi” Drew and 5 year-old son, Ace Knute.  (SLIDESHOW: 142 Times Josephine Skriver Barely Wore Anything)

In August, the “Take My Breath Away” hitmaker broke news that the couple were once again expecting with a fun baby reveal of her two kids holding black and white polka dot balloons that had small pink balloons inside.

She captioned the post, “This little baby girl will make us a family of five. We couldn’t be happier to announce this precious blessing of life.” (SLIDESHOW: 71 Times Samantha Hoopes Stripped Down)

It all comes months after Simpson had shared that she was pretty sure they were done with having kids. At the time, she talked about having “baby fever” while she admitted still being “very attracted” to her husband.

“My daughter is about to turn 6, May 1st is her birthday, and my son is going to turn 5 on June 30th and it’s just like, ‘Wait, so this is no longer toddler, this is full-on kid,’” Simpson said. “My daughter [already] thinks she’s a teenager. My son at least wants to be a baby still.”

“We always practice,” she added about her husband and whether or not a third child was in the plans. “But it would definitely have to be a miracle.”

Source: The Daily Caller

FILE PHOTO: Actor Bill Murray recites his words during a performance with cellist Jan Vogler from their new album New Worlds, at the Southbank Centre in London
FILE PHOTO: Actor Bill Murray recites his words during a performance with cellist Jan Vogler from their new album New Worlds, at the Southbank Centre in London, Britain June 4, 2018. REUTERS/Peter Nicholls

March 20, 2019

By Jonathan Stempel

NEW YORK (Reuters) – U.S. horse racing announcer Dave Johnson, who called Triple Crown races for ABC television for two decades, on Wednesday sued the makers of Bill Murray’s 2014 film “St. Vincent” for using his signature phrase “and down the stretch they come” without permission.

Johnson, 77, a Manhattan resident, accused the film’s distributor Weinstein Co, the producers Chernin Entertainment and Crescendo Productions and other defendants of infringing his 2012 trademark in the phrase, one of the most recognizable in American sports.

The lawsuit does not name Murray as a defendant.

Murray’s character Vincent MacKenna, a grumpy retiree who drank and gambled, used the phrase “in the context of a race and in a clear attempt to imitate” Johnson, the complaint said.

Johnson said this would likely confuse the public, tarnishing his rights to a phrase “inextricably linked” with his celebrity persona, likeness and identity.

The lawsuit filed in Manhattan federal court seeks unspecified damages. “St. Vincent” grossed $54.8 million worldwide, according to BoxOfficeMojo.com.

A lawyer for the defendants did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

“‘And down the stretch they come’ embodies all that is good about thoroughbred racing,” Johnson’s lawyer Andrew Mollica said in a phone interview. “Mr. Johnson owns that mark. If the defendants are going to put it in a major motion picture that earned $54 million, they had a duty to seek his permission.”

Johnson’s use of the phrase involves emphasizing the word “down” as horses turn into the homestretch of a race.

In 2015, Johnson told The New York Times he began using the phrase in the 1960s, and gave it more verve when calling races at Santa Anita Park in California to combat an ancient sound system.

The lawsuit references other trademarked signature sports phrases, including late baseball broadcaster Harry Caray’s “Holy Cow!”, basketball broadcaster Dick Vitale’s “awesome baby” and boxing and wrestling announcer Michael Buffer’s “Let’s get ready to rumble!”

Johnson stopped calling the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness and the Belmont Stakes for ABC Television when the races moved to NBC in 2001.

Asked why Johnson did not sue over “St. Vincent” sooner, Mollica said: “Mr. Johnson did not see the movie, and I’m afraid I did not either.”

“When we knew, we moved,” he added.

The case is Johnson et al v Chernin Group LLC et al, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, No. 18-02485.

(Reporting by Jonathan Stempel in New York; Editing by Nick Carey)

Source: OANN

Lauryn Overhultz | Columnist

Disgraced singer R. Kelly plans to ask the court for permission to fly to Dubai for concerts he was previously scheduled to perform.

These performances would be the first set of performances since Kelly has been charged with 10 counts of sexual abuse, according to a report published Wednesday by the Chicago Sun-Times.

Kelly’s lawyer, Steve Greenberg, plans to discuss the motion during Kelly’s scheduled court appearance Friday.

Kelly turned over his passport to the court when he posted his bail.

“[Kelly] needs to be able to work like anyone else who is free on bond, and the law needs to be adaptable,” Greenberg told the Chicago Sun-Times.

Multiple venues canceled their bookings with Kelly after the documentary detailing the sexual abuse allegations against him, “Surviving R. Kelly,” aired in January. However, Greenberg said Kelly is able to find venues abroad interested in hosting the disgraced singer. (RELATED: Parents Of R. Kelly’s Girlfriend Turn Over ‘Evidence’ To The Feds)

Greenberg noted, “The United States and the U.A.E. have great relations, and they are not going to jeopardize that relationship to harbor R. Kelly.”

Greenberg claims that despite the fact that Kelly used to have a passport, he has barely used it over the years: “He does not like to fly, but he will do what he has to do. He has bills to pay.”

Source: The Daily Caller

Lauryn Overhultz | Columnist

The Duchess of Sussex has spent over half-a-million dollars on her maternity wardrobe since announcing her pregnancy in October.

Meghan Markle has spent approximately $632,000 on maternity clothes. The amount is seven times higher than what Kate Middleton paid for her wardrobe, according to fashion site Love The Sales.

Markle has been spotted in 75 different maternity looks since her announcement. She also became a fashion icon for expecting moms around the world when she stepped out in some affordable fashion.

In January, the royal was spotted wearing a $35 knit dress from fast fashion brand H&M. The dress sold out in less than 24 hours after photos of Markle in the dress appeared online. The dress even appeared on eBay selling for six times the retail price. (RELATED: Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Officially Split From Kate Middleton And Prince William)

She continuously has increased searches for multiple brands anywhere from 300 percent after sporting Veja V-10 sneakers to 5,800 percent after designer Karen Gee’s “Blessed” dress.

Markle hasn’t kept all of her outfits on the affordable side. She appeared at the Geographic Society Awards in October wearing a $13,200 Oscar de la Renta dress.

However, taxpayers won’t be paying for the pricey wardrobe. Markle’s entire wardrobe is paid for by Prince Charles, according to Page Six.

Source: The Daily Caller

Katie Jerkovich | Entertainment Reporter

Jennifer Lopez opened up for the first time Wednesday about her engagement to Alex Rodriguez, saying they are “really happy” amid cheating allegations leveled by pro-baseball player Jose Canseco.

“We’re really happy,” the 49-year-old actress shared in a joint-interview with her fiance to People magazine.

“We have [an] appreciation for where we are in our lives today, and that’s what we’re enjoying the most,” Rodriguez added. (RELATED: 25 Times Jennifer Lopez Proved She Doesn’t Age [SLIDESHOW])

US singer and actress Jennifer Lopez arrives for the 91st Annual Academy Awards at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California on February 24, 2019. (Photo credit: MARK RALSTON/AFP/Getty Images)

US singer and actress Jennifer Lopez arrives for the 91st Annual Academy Awards at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California on February 24, 2019. (Photo credit: MARK RALSTON/AFP/Getty Images)

“Everything that we do, we do together,” Lopez explained. “He knows my dreams and I know his dreams, and together we feel like we’re stronger. . . . We’re constantly supporting each other in our individual endeavors and thinking about all the things that we can build together,” she added.

“We are very grateful,” the Major League Baseball sports analyst and former player shared.

The comments come after the All-Star baseball legend surprised the “Second-Act” star during a trip to the Bahamas when he got down on one knee and popped the question after the two had been dating for two years.

Shortly after news broke, former baseball star Jose Canseco went on a Twitter storm and claimed that Rodriguez had cheated on the “Jenny from the Block” hitmaker with Canseco’s ex-wife, Jessica Canseco.

“Watching World of Dance watching J.Lo text Alex Rodriguez little does she know that he is cheating on her with my ex-wife Jessica poor girl she has no idea who he really is,” Canseco wrote. “I was there a few months back with her when he called her on her phone.”

He also vowed to take a polygraph to prove he was telling the truth.

The 46-year-old television personality hit back at the accusations calling them flat-out false: “Those false accusations Jose [Canseco] is making are not true! I have known Alex [Rodriguez] for many years and haven’t even seen him for over 5,” Canseco tweeted.

“I certainly did not sleep with him,” she added. “I am friendly with both him and Jennifer [Lopez]. As for Jose he can keep playing with his Alien friends.”

Canseco continued in a follow-up tweet, “In fact, I don’t even get on Twitter had to download app again and don’t watch TV and had no idea any of this was going on. Last time I saw Alex he was with Torrie and I brought my boyfriend over for dinner. We are just friends my god.”

Source: The Daily Caller

Lauryn Overhultz | Columnist

Olivia Jade, daughter of actress Lori Loughlin, allegedly didn’t fill out any of her own college applications.

The federal police claim someone else filled them out for her, according to Page Six. Loughlin has been accused of paying $500,000 in bribes in order to secure her daughters’ admissions to the University of Southern California. (RELATED: Olivia Jade’s Classmate ‘Couldn’t Believe’ Olivia Got Into USC)

In an email to college admissions scammer Rick Singer obtained by the feds, Loughlin wrote, “[Our youngest daughter] has not submitted all of her colleges [sic] apps and is confused on how to to do so. Can you tell us how to proceed?”

The criminal complaint says Singer responded “by directing an employee to submit the applications on behalf of the Giannulli’s younger daughter.”

So, not only did Olivia not really meet any eligibility requirement to get into USC, but she allegedly didn’t even fill out her own applications?

Don’t get me wrong — college applications are brutal, but if you basically were going to get into the university based on no merit, then the least you could do would be to fill out your own college app.

Yes, applications take time to fill out, but you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to list your grades and extracurricular activities.

Source: The Daily Caller

Sophie Turner showed up and showed out when the New York Rangers played Tuesday night against the Detroit Red Wings.

The “Game of Thrones” star was put on the jumbotron during the game, and downed a glass of wine like a champ. She didn’t even hesitate to throw it back. (SLIDESHOW: These Women On Instagram Hate Wearing Clothes)

Give the video a watch below. You might be standing up and applauding by the time it’s done playing. (SLIDESHOW: 142 Times Josephine Skriver Barely Wore Anything)

If you weren’t already all-in on Turner, then you absolutely have to be after that stunning performance. Honestly, that might have been a more impressive performance than what she’s done on the show. (SLIDESHOW: 71 Times Samantha Hoopes Stripped Down)

She’s truly a woman after my heart. You can’t chug a glass of wine, and then expect me not to immediately notice. (SLIDESHOW: This Blonde Bombshell Might Be The Hottest Model On The Internet) 

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Sophie Turner (@sophiet) on

Way too many famous people are super stuffy, and afraid to cut loose with us common folks. They have to sit in suites and not get near the unwashed masses. (SLIDESHOW: 60 Times Abigail Ratchford Wore Almost Nothing)

Clearly, Turner is down to ride with just about anybody. It really doesn’t get much more fringe class than chugging booze in a public setting.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Sophie Turner (@sophiet) on

Well done, Sophie. Well done. Make sure to tune in April 14 to watch the final season of “Game of Thrones.”

Source: The Daily Caller


Current track

Title

Artist