fox-news/us/us-regions/northeast/new-york

He got done in by his dipstick.

Cops in New York City were able to bust the alleged subway brake-yanker this week thanks to a cellphone-wielding straphanger — who caught the young man on camera “with his penis exposed” in a picture that was later used to identify him, prosecutors said Friday.

The “informant” had been minding their business on the C train platform at West 14th Street and Eighth Avenue when Isaiah Thompson, 23, came whizzing by on the back of a northbound train, according to the court complaint.

They snapped a photo of Thompson’s exposed unit and off he went — back into the subway tunnels of NYC to ruin another person’s day, prosecutors allege.

MAN ACCUSED IN MULTIPLE SUBWAY BRAKE-PULLING INCIDENTS ARRESTED, OFFICIALS SAY

The straphanger turned the pic in to police, who then used it to identify the alleged transit troublemaker a week later. Their encounter with Thompson allegedly went down on May 16.

On May 21, the subway perv was caught on surveillance video on the outside of a northbound 2 train — moments before its emergency brake was pulled at the same exact station where Thompson was caught exposing himself the week before, the complaint says.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Two days later, Sgt. Jovanny Calderon — of Transit District 30 — watched the video, compared it to the May 16 photo of Thompson, and realized they had the same guy, according to prosecutors.

Cops took Thompson into custody late Thursday and he allegedly confessed to being both the brake-yanker and the penis perp. He was charged in Manhattan criminal court on Friday with criminal tampering, reckless endangerment and public lewdness.

Source: Fox News National

He got done in by his dipstick.

Cops in New York City were able to bust the alleged subway brake-yanker this week thanks to a cellphone-wielding straphanger — who caught the young man on camera “with his penis exposed” in a picture that was later used to identify him, prosecutors said Friday.

The “informant” had been minding their business on the C train platform at West 14th Street and Eighth Avenue when Isaiah Thompson, 23, came whizzing by on the back of a northbound train, according to the court complaint.

They snapped a photo of Thompson’s exposed unit and off he went — back into the subway tunnels of NYC to ruin another person’s day, prosecutors allege.

MAN ACCUSED IN MULTIPLE SUBWAY BRAKE-PULLING INCIDENTS ARRESTED, OFFICIALS SAY

The straphanger turned the pic in to police, who then used it to identify the alleged transit troublemaker a week later. Their encounter with Thompson allegedly went down on May 16.

On May 21, the subway perv was caught on surveillance video on the outside of a northbound 2 train — moments before its emergency brake was pulled at the same exact station where Thompson was caught exposing himself the week before, the complaint says.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Two days later, Sgt. Jovanny Calderon — of Transit District 30 — watched the video, compared it to the May 16 photo of Thompson, and realized they had the same guy, according to prosecutors.

Cops took Thompson into custody late Thursday and he allegedly confessed to being both the brake-yanker and the penis perp. He was charged in Manhattan criminal court on Friday with criminal tampering, reckless endangerment and public lewdness.

Source: Fox News National

He got done in by his dipstick.

Cops in New York City were able to bust the alleged subway brake-yanker this week thanks to a cellphone-wielding straphanger — who caught the young man on camera “with his penis exposed” in a picture that was later used to identify him, prosecutors said Friday.

The “informant” had been minding their business on the C train platform at West 14th Street and Eighth Avenue when Isaiah Thompson, 23, came whizzing by on the back of a northbound train, according to the court complaint.

They snapped a photo of Thompson’s exposed unit and off he went — back into the subway tunnels of NYC to ruin another person’s day, prosecutors allege.

MAN ACCUSED IN MULTIPLE SUBWAY BRAKE-PULLING INCIDENTS ARRESTED, OFFICIALS SAY

The straphanger turned the pic in to police, who then used it to identify the alleged transit troublemaker a week later. Their encounter with Thompson allegedly went down on May 16.

On May 21, the subway perv was caught on surveillance video on the outside of a northbound 2 train — moments before its emergency brake was pulled at the same exact station where Thompson was caught exposing himself the week before, the complaint says.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Two days later, Sgt. Jovanny Calderon — of Transit District 30 — watched the video, compared it to the May 16 photo of Thompson, and realized they had the same guy, according to prosecutors.

Cops took Thompson into custody late Thursday and he allegedly confessed to being both the brake-yanker and the penis perp. He was charged in Manhattan criminal court on Friday with criminal tampering, reckless endangerment and public lewdness.

Source: Fox News National

The wife of a Marine and veteran firefighter who died following a suicide bombing in Afghanistan said Friday her husband “just did the right thing.”

Shannon Slutman, the widow of Staff Sgt. Christopher Slutman, told “Fox & Friends” her husband was the “most humble man you ever wanted to meet” and always “did what was right.”

“He just did the right thing,” Slutman said. “He didn’t expect anybody to put him up on a pedestal, [or] to put it on Facebook.”

She said Sgt. Slutman was once given an award by the FDNY but didn’t tell anyone about it.

“One of his best friends was so angry with him because he didn’t tell him,” she said.

VETERAN US FIREFIGHTER, AN ‘AMERICAN HERO,’ IDENTIFIED AS ONE OF THREE MARINES KILLED IN AFGHAN BOMB BLAST

She recalled telling her children in the wake of their father’s death he “would want us to be strong and live every day to the fullest because that’s exactly what he did.”

Sgt. Slutman died April 8 near Bagram Airfield, a U.S. military base. Two other members of Slutman’s Massachusetts-based Marine Reserve unit also were killed.

Shannon Slutman said she was overcome with gratitude for the amount of people who came out to express their condolences after her husband’s casket was returned to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware.

She said firetrucks and people with American flags lined roadways and overpasses along their journey back to New York City.

“Private citizens, firemen, police, all the first responders, I mean, it was an extremely emotional experience,” she said.

Frank Siller, of the Tunnels to Towers Foundation, joined Slutman on “Fox & Friends” to show his support for the Gold Star widow and her family.

CLICK TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Siller said his foundation is hoping to help the Slutman family pay off its mortgage.

“What a sacrifice by a husband, a superhero,” he said. “Someone who not only serves his country, also a New York City firefighter who serves his community.”

Fox News’ Greg Norman contributed to this report.

Source: Fox News National

The wife of a Marine and veteran firefighter who died following a suicide bombing in Afghanistan said Friday her husband “just did the right thing.”

Shannon Slutman, the widow of Staff Sgt. Christopher Slutman, told “Fox & Friends” her husband was the “most humble man you ever wanted to meet” and always “did what was right.”

“He just did the right thing,” Slutman said. “He didn’t expect anybody to put him up on a pedestal, [or] to put it on Facebook.”

She said Sgt. Slutman was once given an award by the FDNY but didn’t tell anyone about it.

“One of his best friends was so angry with him because he didn’t tell him,” she said.

VETERAN US FIREFIGHTER, AN ‘AMERICAN HERO,’ IDENTIFIED AS ONE OF THREE MARINES KILLED IN AFGHAN BOMB BLAST

She recalled telling her children in the wake of their father’s death he “would want us to be strong and live every day to the fullest because that’s exactly what he did.”

Sgt. Slutman died April 8 near Bagram Airfield, a U.S. military base. Two other members of Slutman’s Massachusetts-based Marine Reserve unit also were killed.

Shannon Slutman said she was overcome with gratitude for the amount of people who came out to express their condolences after her husband’s casket was returned to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware.

She said firetrucks and people with American flags lined roadways and overpasses along their journey back to New York City.

“Private citizens, firemen, police, all the first responders, I mean, it was an extremely emotional experience,” she said.

Frank Siller, of the Tunnels to Towers Foundation, joined Slutman on “Fox & Friends” to show his support for the Gold Star widow and her family.

CLICK TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Siller said his foundation is hoping to help the Slutman family pay off its mortgage.

“What a sacrifice by a husband, a superhero,” he said. “Someone who not only serves his country, also a New York City firefighter who serves his community.”

Fox News’ Greg Norman contributed to this report.

Source: Fox News National

A man accused of pulling the emergency brake on New York City subway trains several times during the last three months was arrested Friday, officials said.

Isaiah Thompson, 23, of Brooklyn, is accused of riding in the back of the trains whizzing around Manhattan, before infiltrating the operator’s cab and pulling the emergency brake, according to the NYPD.

NEW YORK MAN BUSTED WITH HAND-DRAWN ‘STATE INSPECTION STICKER’

Officials believe Thompson could be behind at least 40 brake-related incidents since March, according to NBC New York.

Police are also on the lookout for potential copycats — or accomplices who worked with the suspect, according to FOX5 New York.

The MTA on Wednesday made the public aware of the serial brake-puller.

“We suspect someone has intentionally disrupted thousands of commutes on the 2/3 lines today by activating multiple trains’ emergency brakes,” the MTA’s NYCT Subway Twitter account wrote, adding that anyone should direct message them with tips about the culprit.

New York City Transit President Andy Byford call the brake-pulling drama “stupid.”

NEW YORK CITY TEEN ARRESTED IN ASSAULT ON OFF-DUTY FDNY FIREFIGHTER DEFENDING ELDERLY COUPLE, POLICE SAY

“It’s stupid and selfish, and we intend to nail them,” he said.

Thompson faces reckless endangerment and criminal trespassing charges, according to NBC New York.

Source: Fox News National

A New York state man was recently caught taking the creative route when it came to getting his car inspected.

Instead of taking it to the Department of Motor Vehicles, the 35-year-old allegedly drew an imitation sticker by hand — and it didn’t convince authorities.

This fake inspection sticker didn't sit well with authorities in New York's Montgomery County.

This fake inspection sticker didn’t sit well with authorities in New York’s Montgomery County. (Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office)

The “inspection sticker” appears to be a red piece of construction paper with almost illegible handwriting implying the vehicle passed inspection until January 2020.

“So, we appreciate people who take some initiative, however this will not work as your vehicle inspection sticker, NICE TRY!!” the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office posted on Facebook Tuesday.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The driver was identified as Manuel Muniz, of Amsterdam, a city roughly 35 miles northwest of Albany, according to WRGB. He faces a violation for driving an unregistered vehicle.

Source: Fox News National

A graduation speaker at New York University called President Trump a “fascist” and labeled Israel an “apartheid” state in his speech on Monday.

Speaking at the convocation for the University’s Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Steven William Thrasher, an NYU alum and professor at Northwestern, praised the graduates for their resistance against the current administration.

“Many of us have been together at Occupy Wall Street, and at Black Lives Matter protests, and at marches against that fascist in the White House that would not allow 56 different countries to cross borders and be together in a setting like this,” Thrasher said. The crowd cheered.

CRITICS BLAST ‘P IS FOR PALESTINE’ CHILDREN’S BOOK AS ANTI-SEMITIC; LIBRARY POSTPONES AUTHOR EVENT

He then turned to Israel: “I am so proud, so proud, of NYU’s chapters of Students for Justice in Palestine and Jewish Voices for Peace,” he said, “for supporting the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement against the apartheid state government in Israel.”

The Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement targets Israeli organizations and companies doing business in Israel. Their aim is to weaken Israel economically and politically. In turn, forcing the government to change its policies.

The university awarded the Students for Justice in Palestine a Presidential Service Award earlier this year.

“This is what we are called to do. This is our NYU legacy, that we are connected in radical love,” Thrasher continued.

TRUMP’S MIDEAST ENVOY SLAMS UN OVER ‘BAND-AID’ SOLUTIONS TO ISRAEL-PALESTINIAN CONFLICT

“We must stand together to vanquish racism, and Islamophobia, and anti-Semitism, and injustice, and attacks on women, and attacks on abortion rights in Tel Aviv, in Shanghai, in Abu Dhabi, in New York City, in Atlanta, in Washington, in Los Angeles, in San Francisco and everywhere in the world,” he shouted. “Am I right?”

On Wednesday, Thrasher took to Twitter: “I think “NYU Graduation Speaker Calls Trump ‘Fascist,’ Endorses BDS” is the best headline a conservative outlet has ever used to post about me.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

New York University’s president, Andrew Hamilton, has condemned the Department of Cultural and Social Analysis’s decision to boycott Israel. Hamilton can be seen applauding Thrasher’s speech.

Source: Fox News National

One of the New York City teens wanted in connection with Saturday’s brutal assault of an FDNY firefighter was arrested early Thursday morning, the NYPD officials confirmed to Fox News.

Damir Johnson, 17, was charged with one count of second-degree assault after police identified him as a member of the group that assaulted the firefighter, leaving that man with several broken teeth and a concussion. Cops released an image on Wednesday of the six suspects, but they didn’t immediately identify which of the teens in the picture was Johnson.

Saturday’s incident began when the unidentified 38-year-old firefighter, traveling on East 86th St. in Manhattan around 9:25 a.m., said he noticed the three males and three females — all thought to be between 15 and 17 years old — “harassing” an elderly couple.

OFF-DUTY FDNY FIREFIGHTER ATTACKED BY TEENS AFTER DEFENDING ELDERLY COUPLE, COPS SAY

When he tried to intervene, the off-duty firefighter was hit “with a closed fist” by one member of the group, police said. The sucker punch knocked the firefighter to the ground — at which point at least one member of the group continued assaulting the man. It’s not clear what role investigators believe Johnson may have played in the incident.

Police released surveillance footage of the six teens Wednesday and in less than a day had identified Johnson and taken him into custody.

Police released this image of the suspects described as three males and three females between the ages of 15 and 17.

Police released this image of the suspects described as three males and three females between the ages of 15 and 17. (NYPD)

Cops arrested Johnson after a tip came through the Crime Stoppers hotline which led investigators to question the teen’s family, the New York Daily News reported. Johnson was subsequently arrested at his home in Harlem.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The unidentified firefighter suffered a concussion and several broken teeth but has since been released from the hospital.

Source: Fox News National

A New Jersey man allegedly sought to help the terror group Hamas and threatened to bomb Trump Tower in New York City as well as “shoot everybody” at a pro-Israel demonstration, federal investigators alleged.

Jonathan Xie made his initial court appearance on Wednesday in Newark, N.J. The 20-year-old was charged with attempting to provide material support to a designated terrorist organization, making false statements and transmitting a threat in interstate commerce.

Xie allegedly sent $100 to a person he thought was associated with a faction of Hamas last December, and a few days later, posted on his Instagram account that he was “pretty sure it was illegal but I don’t give a damn,” according to a criminal complaint.

AMERICAN TALIBAN FIGHTER JOHN WALKER LINDH TO BE RELEASED FROM US FEDERAL PRISON

He also allegedly did not mention the donation on security forms he filled out when he tried to join the U.S. Army.

The U.S. attorney’s office also said that Xie posted on Instagram he wanted to bomb the Trump Tower in New York and the Israeli Embassy.

A person wearing a black ski mask, later identified as Xie, allegedly said in an Instagram video that he was against “Zionism” and the “neo-liberal establishment,” according to the criminal complaint. It also said he responded to a question by saying he would join Hamas “if I could find a way.”

Later in the video, Xie allegedly displayed a gun and said “I’m going to shoot everybody” at a pro-Israel march.

HUNTING AYMAN AL ZAWAHIRI: WHERE HAS THE AL QAEDA LEADER BEEN HIDING FOR 18 YEARS?

After a trip to Trump Tower in April where Xie was observed by FBI surveillance, he posted photos of the building along with his intent to bomb it, according to the complaint.

“Okay so I went to NYC today and passed by Trump Tower, then I started thinking about bombing it and I was imagining that the explosion would kill Trump and then I started laughing hysterically,” the complaint stated Xie allegedly wrote. “I forgot to visit the Israeli embassy in NYC… I want to bomb this place along with Trump Tower.”

Xie, who entered the courtroom in shackles, did not say anything during Wednesday’s brief hearing, aside from saying he understood the judge’s instructions.

He was ordered held without bail because the judge ruled Xie was a threat to the community. His public defender didn’t say whether he would file a motion for a bail hearing.

His parents attended the proceeding but declined to speak with reporters.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Xie faces a maximum of 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine on the terrorism charges.

Fox News’ Ben Evansky in Newark and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Source: Fox News National


Current track

Title

Artist